View Queensland state councillors below.
Qualifications: Diploma and CCE
Current Position: National Credit Consultant & BDM
Employer: Patane Lawyers
How long at that company: Two Years, October 2014
Credit/professional background: National Credit Manger
- 8 Years at Hyne Timber as their National Credit Manager
- 13 Years at Century Yuasa Batteries, 10 as their National Credit Manager and 3 as their National Operations Manager
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I enjoy contributing to a an institute I believe very strongly in and the challenge to be a part of its growth and working with the AICM through what I believe to be is a growth spurt.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): I have been a member for close to 20 years and a council member for almost 3 years.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: The networking and friendships built make it all worthwhile. I also take a lot of pride in seeing our events grow and become more successful each year.
My passions aside from Credit/work: My family and friends, the great outdoors, good food and wine!
Contact details: Email - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0432 173 132
Name: Peter Mills MICM
Qualifications: Bachelor of Laws, and admitted as a Solicitor in Australia and as a lawyer in Papua New Guinea
Current Position: Special Counsel
Employer: Thomson Geer Lawyers
How long at that company: Since 2013
Credit/professional background: 30 years in the legal industry, specialising in the Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA), insolvency and related laws for the last 12 years.
Portfolio: Division President and previously Councillor for the Law & Legislation Portfolio
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: To engage with and gain valuable knowledge and insight from industry leaders about the latest laws, technology and economic issues and trends affecting the credit industry both here and overseas.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): Undertaking a comprehensive review for, and making detailed submissions to government on behalf of, the AICM during the pre-commencement of the PPSA and the 2014/2015 government review of the PPSA.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Collegiality with wonderful people involving collaboration on AICM projects. Also, continuously obtaining accurate and up to date knowledge on likely changes to the laws affecting creditors (including the PPSA), and so be able to best advise my clients on how to deal with these changes.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Family, Golf and snow skiing.
Contact details: email@example.com or +61 7 3338 7921
Qualifications: MICM CCE
Position Title: Manager Collections and Receivables
Employer: The University of Queensland
How long at that employer: 2.5 years
Credit / Professional background:
Over 25 years’ experience working as a Credit professional
Varied industry experience – education; health; agri; building and construction; forestry; automotive manufacturing; food processing, logistics and transport.
Portfolio: Corporate Credit Executive CCE
Why I volunteer on the AICM council / Goals as Council: As a proud member of the AICM, I enjoy contributing in any small way possible to the successful transformation, growth and development of the Institute. Strong networks within the Credit industry, provide an abundance of resource opportunities to draw upon to assist Qld Council achieve future goals.
Achievements with AICM:
Member of the AICM for a period of 18 years.
Awarded Credit Manager of the Year 2016.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: I have gained a deeper understanding and value for the efforts provided by the diverse group of professionals that give up their time to volunteer for the betterment of all members of the Institute.
My passions aside from Credit / work: Keeping fit and healthy. Alternative therapies. Creative pursuits. Listening to music and reading. Future Goals – Travel extensively.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Gregory Cecil Young (BA. LLB. JP. MICM. MQLS. CCE.)
Qualifications: Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws, Justice of the Peace, Certified Credit Executive
Current Position: Partner
Employer: Forbes Dowling Lawyers
How long at that company: 5 years
Credit/professional background: 33+ years in the legal industry specialising in credit.
Portfolio: Director of AICM
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): Presented many papers at credit network nights and national conferences, past President QLD Branch of AICM, currently Director on the National Board.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Experience in networking and enjoyment.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Golf, surfing and family.
Contact details: Ph: 07 3025 3723 Email: email@example.com
Name: Stacey Woodward MICM
Qualifications: Certificate IV in credit Management 50% completed
Current Position: Credit Manager
Employer: Provet Pty Ltd
How long at that company: since 2015
Credit/professional background: My credit career started with Boral Construction Materials in 2011 as a Credit Officer looking after the QLD/NT Trade accounts, I then progressed into the QLD/NT Major accounts role in 2013. In 2014 I joined the QLD Major Mining team as a Credit Officer with Hastings Deering. I am now working for Australia’s leading veterinary distributor, Provet Pty Ltd as Credit Manager.
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I currently sit on the QLD council looking after the . I love being part of something that I am passionate about and am always looking to learn new things.
Achievements with AICM: QLD National finalist for the 2014 Young Credit Professional of the year award. I have been involved with the council ever since looking after the Media portfolio, preparing the QLD submissions for the AICM quarterly magazine, while also looking after the YCP portfolio..
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Networking with likeminded people and sharing their passion for credit. I love being able to give back by being on council
My passions aside from Credit/work: Scuba diving & travelling the world – I usually plan trips that combine the two!
Contact details: Feel free to connect with me via LinkedIn
- Name: Nathan Wilkinson MICM Cdec
- National Winner: 2017 Young Credit Professional of the Year Award
- Current Position: AR Manager
- Employer: Foundation Education Group
- How long at that company: 3 months
- Credit/professional background: Former Collections Manager of National Collection Services
- Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: To gain the most relevant and up to date knowledge in the credit industry, to expand my professional network and to hopefully become a valuable mentor for up and coming credit professionals.
- Achievements with AICM: Involved with QLD AICM Council since November 2016. 2016 QLD Pinnacle Award Winner – 2016 External Collection Agent of the Year, 2017 QLD YCP winner and 2017 National YCP winner. Undergoing CCE assessment.
- My passions aside from Credit/work: Investing in shares and property, learning about entrepreneurship and animal welfare.
- Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name: Mark Harley LLB BIT, MQLS,
Qualifications: Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Information Technology / Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
Current Position: Founder and Principal
Employer: Boss Lawyers
How long at that company: 4 Years
Credit/professional background: I have spent the last 10 years in commercial litigation and insolvency with a particular focus on credit litigation. I have acted for and against many issues surrounding the provision of credit and debt recovery.
Portfolio: Law and legislation
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor:
- The warm fuzzy feeling you get when you do something and expect nothing in return – the AICM is an opportunity for me to share my knowledge law in credit with others (and also learn a few things along the way)’
- Goal as Councillor is to raise awareness of important legal changes that may affect AICM members in an informative way.
- Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council):
- - 12 months on Council
- - Mix with likeminded professionals
- - Honoured recipient of the AICM Legal Representative of the Year for 2017 – so stoked! Thank you, and also congratulations to all the worthy nominees.
- Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Friendships, giving back
- My passions aside from Credit/work: Scuba diving, Health & Fitness (but not a fitness freak)
- Contact details:
email@example.com / 07 3188 0200