View South Australian state councillors below.
o Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
o Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of South Australia (non-practising)
o Member of the Law Society of South Australia
o Member of Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
o Official Liquidator
o Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy
o Treasurer, Australian Institute of Credit Management (SA Division)
Current Position: Partner at Worrells Solvency and Forensic Accountants
Employer: Worrells Solvency and Forensic Accountants
How long at that company: since March 2014
Credit/professional background: worked in insolvency services since 1993
o I commenced my professional career with Bentleys Chartered Accountants in February 1992 in the fields of audit, taxation and business services.
o In August 1993, I joined Pannell Kerr Forster. At that firm, I worked in the fields of insolvency, business services and litigation support services.
o In 1996, I managed the outsourcing of a portfolio of accounts of the South Australian Asset Management Corporation (SAAMC). Responsibilities included:
- reviewing files, determining and implementing recovery strategies;
- monitoring litigation against debtors and guarantors;
- reporting progress of portfolio recoveries to SAAMC.
o In May 1997, I joined Sims Lockwood & Partners to practice in the fields of insolvency and litigation support services. I became a Partner of that firm in 2002.
o In March 2014, I joined Worrells Solvency and Forensic Accountants as a Partner.
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: to ensure all credit professional have the opportunities to advance their careers and opportunities.
• Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council):
o 2 year on council as the Treasurer of the SA division
o Published the following article:
- "Unfair Preferences: Sticking to the Rules" (2003) Credit Management in Australia v 11 n 2 p 18
o Presented the following AICM Credit Focus training sessions and seminars:
- June 2016 – Insolvency Law Reform – Practical Implications, AICM SA Credit Symposium
- June 2015 – "Liquidation Case Study", AICM Credit Focus
- June 2014 – "Liquidation – Is It the End of the Road for Your Debt?", AICM Credit Focus
- February 2013 – "Voluntary Administration – Working Through the Process", AICM Credit Focus
- May 2012 - "Company Directors' Liability for Insolvent Trading"
- September 2009 – "Unfair Preferences", AICM Credit Focus
- August 2006 – "Proposed Insolvency Law Reform – Review of the Federal Government Insolvency Law Reform Package", AICM Law and Regulation Seminar 2006
- July 2005 – "What are Unfair Preferences and How to Avoid Them", AICM Credit Focus
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM:
o working with other dedicated credit professionals
o contributing to the success of the SA division
o socialising with other AICM members
My passions aside from Credit/work:
o running in half marathon competitions
Contact details: Nick.Cooper@worrells.net.au or 08 8214 0501
Name: Gail Joyce Crowder, MICM
Qualifications: Certificates in Design, Reception and Management
Current Position: AICM SA State President
Business Owner: Executive Director of Kemps Credit Solutions
How long at that company: 1 ½ years
Credit/professional background: Over 15 years in debt recovery and credit management. Management and debt collection of commercial and insurance related debts for agencies and South Australian businesses.
Portfolio: Functions; Previously Sponsorship, but currently Functions and Publications
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I enjoy meeting new people and feel I am giving something back to the credit industry. To help educate and give to others is 'self' rewarding. Working with a team (the councillors) is a great experience. You learn and grow by listening and working with your professional colleagues. Never too old to learn!
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): I have been on council for 6 years now and worked on several portfolios, mainly functions. Through the networking and contacts made I have certainly grown and I am now part owner of an agency. I believe my involvement with the AICM has played a significant part in my growth.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Friends; new colleagues; knowledge of how wide and varied the credit industry is
My passions aside from Credit/work: My 3 amazing children, loved ones and friends, entertaining, gardening, lapping up the summer sun, golf, nice cars
Contact details: E: email@example.com Ph: (08) 8418 1407
Qualifications: B.A, LLB (Hons)
Current Position: Senior Associate
Employer: Lynch Meyer Lawyers
How long at that company: since April 2009
Credit/professional background: 6 and half years in recoveries, debt collection, credit management and privacy law. Prior to that I was the Manager of the Claims Department for National Credit Insurance (Brokers) Pty Ltd where I first started in 1998.
Portfolio: State Vice-President, currently chairperson for CCE and Professional Development portfolios
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I enjoy organising educational events and identifying new and exciting educational topics for members. I am privileged to be a part of a dynamic, hardworking and vibrant state council and have developed good friendships with the councillors.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): 8 years on Council. I have previously been chair of the Membership and YCP portfolios. I currently assist in providing a mentoring role to the YCP State Winners and preparing them for the National Conference. I was a former State YCP Winner in 2007 and was the CCE National Dux in 2013.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Working on SA Council has been a privilege as it is a very vibrant, hardworking and dynamic council. It has also given me the opportunity to develop good friendships with my fellow councillors.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Playing tennis. Red wine.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: Graduate Diploma Business Administration, Diploma of Business Management, Diploma of Human Resource Management and Bachelor of Visual Communication
Current Position: Team Manager Legal and Resolutions
Employer: Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
How long at that company: 6 years
Within Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Great Southern Portfolio collections team I worked as the Senior Customer Support officer for over 3 years within the Legal and Workout space, specialising in hardship for a year and the enforcement process for 2 years, managing a number of high value and profile cases.
As the Office Manager for a small group buying company, The Corporate Rate Group, I oversaw and took part in all aspect of sales, service and credit management. Managing a small portfolio and building close relationships to ensure sales throws up challenges when collecting,
Portfolio: Currently as Team Leader – Legal and Resolutions, I lead a team of 12. This encompasses overseeing the enforcement process for Bendigo and Adelaide Bank's wholesale mortgage portfolio and the negotiation of solutions for files currently in the internal and external dispute process. Over 30 accounts are managed by the teams at any one time.
I have also lead a number of major projects for the department throughout the last two years, including, numerous campaigns to meet regulatory compliance; internal promotion of the Mortgage Help Department.
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: After spending a year seconded to the council assisting with the YCP portfolio I nominated to be on the council permanently to give something back to AICM and also for the opportunity to expand skill and networks.
Achievements with AICM:
o 2014 National winner of the prestigious Young Credit Professional
o Newly elected councillor (2015) after a year's secondment to council after being named as a national finalist of YCP
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: It is a great opportunity to expand my knowledge and contacts of the credit industry. It has also been a fantastic way for me to build my confidence and build on a variety of skills transferable to many areas of my work.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Cycling, gin, wine and art!
- Fellow and Certified Credit Executive (CCE) of the AICM
- Fellow of the Institute of Public Accountants
- Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Securities Investigation Agent licence
Current Position: ,
- Manager, Credit Services.
- Trevor and his Credit Services team provide credit management advice, support and information to customers throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Employer: National Credit Insurance (Brokers) Pty Ltd (NCI)
How long at that company: 19 and half years.
Credit/professional background: Previously worked with the former State Bank of South Australia for 20 years in areas including Corporate Banking, Treasury & International Finance, Audit and Retail Banking.
Portfolio (Can touch on previous positions):
- Previous Council Portfolios – CCE, YCP, Publications, Membership
- Past President and Vice President
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor:
- I joined Council after attending many AICM events over the previous 3 years and being asked by the then S.A. Executive Officer, Julie Short. I happily accepted as I enjoyed attending the institute’s educational and social events. I thought AICM was a strong professional body for the credit industry and I enjoyed the company of the institute members and Councillors.
- My goals as a Councillor is to help promote and grow the Institute, educate and train members and network/socialise with fellow members.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council):
- On S.A. Division Council since 1999.
- Certified Credit Executive (CCE). National Dux in 2003.
- In 2008 was awarded the Lawrie Ellis award for his contribution to the credit industry and the AICM in South Australia.
- President for 7 years. During this time our division won the National President’s Trophy as the best performing State on 5 occasions.
- Vice President for 2 years
- Presenter at numerous Professional Development and Credit Focus seminars
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Educational knowledge and obtaining a wide number of networks and contacts, and working on the divisional Council with some great people with the same passion for credit and promoting the Institute.
My passions aside from Credit/work: My family and catching up with friends, holidays, watching sport, walking the dog and watching TV.
Contact details: email@example.com
Name: Kevin F Hollister MICM LICM
- Fellow Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators
- Fellow Governance Institute of Australia
Current Position: Director Credit Solutions Pty Ltd t/as Kemps Credit Solutions
Business Owner: Executive Director of Kemps Credit Solutions
- How long at that company: 10 years
- Credit/professional background: 40 years in the mercantile industry
- Portfolio: Marketing - of credit services
- Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: Strong believer of the importance of the AICM to the industry
Achievements with AICM: I have been on numerous portfolios on council over the 40 years of my career
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Building relationships with my peers
My passions aside from Credit/work: Vintage motor cars
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: Bachelor of Laws and Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
Current Position: Partner Lynch Meyer Lawyers
How long at that company: 26 years
Credit/professional background: I
- have always worked in credit law, recoveries and insolvency for trade/supplier, unsecured creditors and financiers in secured credit.
- I also act for insolvency practitioners in dealing with creditors' claims and pursuing actions on behalf of creditors and I also act for insolvent entities and debtors trying to achieve turnaround outcomes for an equitable return to creditors.
- I have previously help a broad range of portfolios on SA Division Council including President for two terms.
- I am currently National Director for SA and hold the Legal Affairs portfolio nationally.
- I have been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyer for 2016 and 2017
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I volunteer for AICM as it is appropriate that all professionals contribute to the development of the industry which serves them well. I have been drawn to the AICM given that it has a genuine member focus and is full of generous people willing to share their experience to encourage others in their careers.
Achievements with AICM:
- I have been very lucky to have been part of a dynamic team, division and membership base in South Australia that saw the division reinvigorate itself to engage with members, attract new attendees at events and to redesign our education programme.
- I have also been greatly heartened by the continuing role I have played over various recent conferences in terms of programme and content design and more recently as MC at the National Conference.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: The main benefit I have achieved through working with AICM is a sense of achievement that I have contributed, also a great network of friend and business contacts.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Outside of credit I enjoy time with my family and friends, travel, dinner and wine and anything Latino.
Contact details: James Neate
Lynch Meyer Lawyers
Phone: (08) 8236 7621
Mobile: 0418 855 042
Qualifications: Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (First Class Honours). Bachelor of Arts
Current Position: Senior Associate
Employer: Hunt & Hunt Lawyers
How long at that company: 2.5 years
Credit/professional background: Lawyer for 8 years working in Commercial Litigation and Insolvency with also a specialist debt recovery practice
Portfolio: Membership Portfolio
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: In my practice as a lawyer I have worked with many credit professionals throughout the years and I believe I can share my particular experience and expertise with the wider credit profession to enable credit professionals to obtain the best outcomes in their work. Further, I have and still continue to learn from other credit professionals and the credit industry as a whole which also makes me a better lawyer.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): I have been an active member of the SA Council for 4 years and I have also presented to the AICM on numerous occasions with the most recent being a presentation of a Mock Trial in the Magistrates Court with a current Judicial Officer presiding over the Court Trial.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: As stated above, my knowledge / professional development continues to grow with my involvement with AICM but I have also increased by working network through the many events that AICM offer.
My passions aside from Credit/work: I am a cricket tragic with a recent highlight of representing the Australian Lawyers Cricket Team... yes there is such a thing!
Contact details: email@example.com or (08) 8414 3367
Qualifications: CCE (Inaugural year 1998)
Current Position: Company Director
Employer: CCE Credit Services Pty Ltd
How long at that company: I established Company in 2008
Credit/professional background: Credit Manager 30+ years at various companies
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: Rejoined Council in July 2015 after break of 5 years. I have always enjoyed the fellowship and mateship of being a Councillor and assist the AICM achieve its goals.
Achievements with AICM: Previous National Director & National Vice President (2004-10). SA Divisional President (1999- 2002) SA Divisional Councillor (1993 -2010) Recipient of Lawrie Ellis Award 2002
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Networking opportunities
My passions aside from Credit/work: Cricket & Football – President of Adelaide Cricket Club since2013, SACA State Cricket Scorer since 2012. Passionate supporter of Adelaide Crows (AFL)
Contact details: Mobile: 0432 682 997 and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: Certified Credit Executive, Fellow of AICM
Current Position: National Credit Controller
Employer: FMG Engineering
How long at that company: 10 years
Credit/professional background: Started as a 17 year old working the Director General of Public and Consumer affairs on a temp assignment cutting out articles from the local newspapers to do with policies, legislation and legal matters. This gave me an insight to credit and that people should not get away from paying their debt. I then obtained a full time position within Public and Consumer Affairs and moved around to various departments as an internal transfer so I could gain further knowledge and expertise. I then secured a position as an Accounts Receivable clerk with State Services and loved it so much that my boss sent me to school to get my Advanced Certificate in Credit Management. This was run with Julie Short at the helm and she became my mentor as my credit career took off. I am now 53 and still loving the credit industry and it is a challenge to keep abreast of all the changes including, Corporation and Bankruptcy laws, PPSR and the Privacy Act.
Portfolio: CCE for 3 years and now Credit focus and back up support to publications and CCE.
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I am very passionate with anything to do with Credit and love speaking to all persons young or mature (not old) and from Cashiers to Accounts Receivable officers through to Executives. You are never too old to learn and these have always been my goals to promote AICM.
Achievements with AICM: to be nominated to be on Council and to be accepted. Becoming a Fellow before my Father passed which made him very proud as he could see by this level that I took my role in credit seriously.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Networking with my peers and gaining guidance and assistance in my credit career and gaining knowledge along the way.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Scrapbooking and spending time with my husband Gary, travelling and seeing family and friends
Contact details: email@example.com