View South Australian state councillors below.
Name: Gail Joyce Crowder, MICM
Qualifications: Certificates in Design, Reception and Management
Current Position: AICM SA State President
Business Owner: Executive Director of Kemps Credit Solutions
How long at that company: 1 ½ years
Credit/professional background: Over 15 years in debt recovery and credit management. Management and debt collection of commercial and insurance related debts for agencies and South Australian businesses.
Portfolio: Functions; Previously Sponsorship, but currently Functions and Publications
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I enjoy meeting new people and feel I am giving something back to the credit industry. To help educate and give to others is 'self' rewarding. Working with a team (the councillors) is a great experience. You learn and grow by listening and working with your professional colleagues. Never too old to learn!
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): I have been on council for 6 years now and worked on several portfolios, mainly functions. Through the networking and contacts made I have certainly grown and I am now part owner of an agency. I believe my involvement with the AICM has played a significant part in my growth.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Friends; new colleagues; knowledge of how wide and varied the credit industry is
My passions aside from Credit/work: My 3 amazing children, loved ones and friends, entertaining, gardening, lapping up the summer sun, golf, nice cars
Contact details: E: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: (08) 8418 1407
Qualifications: Bachelor of Laws and Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
Current Position: Partner Lynch Meyer Lawyers
How long at that company: 26 years
Credit/professional background: I
- have always worked in credit law, recoveries and insolvency for trade/supplier, unsecured creditors and financiers in secured credit.
- I also act for insolvency practitioners in dealing with creditors' claims and pursuing actions on behalf of creditors and I also act for insolvent entities and debtors trying to achieve turnaround outcomes for an equitable return to creditors.
- I have previously help a broad range of portfolios on SA Division Council including President for two terms.
- I am currently National Director for SA and hold the Legal Affairs portfolio nationally.
- I have been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyer for 2016 and 2017
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I volunteer for AICM as it is appropriate that all professionals contribute to the development of the industry which serves them well. I have been drawn to the AICM given that it has a genuine member focus and is full of generous people willing to share their experience to encourage others in their careers.
Achievements with AICM:
- I have been very lucky to have been part of a dynamic team, division and membership base in South Australia that saw the division reinvigorate itself to engage with members, attract new attendees at events and to redesign our education programme.
- I have also been greatly heartened by the continuing role I have played over various recent conferences in terms of programme and content design and more recently as MC at the National Conference.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: The main benefit I have achieved through working with AICM is a sense of achievement that I have contributed, also a great network of friend and business contacts.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Outside of credit I enjoy time with my family and friends, travel, dinner and wine and anything Latino.
Contact details: James Neate
Lynch Meyer Lawyers
Phone: (08) 8236 7621
Mobile: 0418 855 042
- Fellow and Certified Credit Executive (CCE) of the AICM
- Fellow of the Institute of Public Accountants
- Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Securities Investigation Agent licence
Current Position: ,
- Manager, Credit Services.
- Trevor and his Credit Services team provide credit management advice, support and information to customers throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Employer: National Credit Insurance (Brokers) Pty Ltd (NCI)
How long at that company: 19 and half years.
Credit/professional background: Previously worked with the former State Bank of South Australia for 20 years in areas including Corporate Banking, Treasury & International Finance, Audit and Retail Banking.
Portfolio (Can touch on previous positions):
- Previous Council Portfolios – CCE, YCP, Publications, Membership
- Past President and Vice President
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor:
- I joined Council after attending many AICM events over the previous 3 years and being asked by the then S.A. Executive Officer, Julie Short. I happily accepted as I enjoyed attending the institute’s educational and social events. I thought AICM was a strong professional body for the credit industry and I enjoyed the company of the institute members and Councillors.
- My goals as a Councillor is to help promote and grow the Institute, educate and train members and network/socialise with fellow members.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council):
- On S.A. Division Council since 1999.
- Certified Credit Executive (CCE). National Dux in 2003.
- In 2008 was awarded the Lawrie Ellis award for his contribution to the credit industry and the AICM in South Australia.
- President for 7 years. During this time our division won the National President’s Trophy as the best performing State on 5 occasions.
- Vice President for 2 years
- Presenter at numerous Professional Development and Credit Focus seminars
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Educational knowledge and obtaining a wide number of networks and contacts, and working on the divisional Council with some great people with the same passion for credit and promoting the Institute.
My passions aside from Credit/work: My family and catching up with friends, holidays, watching sport, walking the dog and watching TV.
Contact details: email@example.com
o Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
o Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of South Australia (non-practising)
o Member of the Law Society of South Australia
o Member of Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
o Official Liquidator
o Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy
o Treasurer, Australian Institute of Credit Management (SA Division)
Current Position: Partner at Worrells Solvency and Forensic Accountants
Employer: Worrells Solvency and Forensic Accountants
How long at that company: since March 2014
Credit/professional background: worked in insolvency services since 1993
o I commenced my professional career with Bentleys Chartered Accountants in February 1992 in the fields of audit, taxation and business services.
o In August 1993, I joined Pannell Kerr Forster. At that firm, I worked in the fields of insolvency, business services and litigation support services.
o In 1996, I managed the outsourcing of a portfolio of accounts of the South Australian Asset Management Corporation (SAAMC). Responsibilities included:
- reviewing files, determining and implementing recovery strategies;
- monitoring litigation against debtors and guarantors;
- reporting progress of portfolio recoveries to SAAMC.
o In May 1997, I joined Sims Lockwood & Partners to practice in the fields of insolvency and litigation support services. I became a Partner of that firm in 2002.
o In March 2014, I joined Worrells Solvency and Forensic Accountants as a Partner.
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: to ensure all credit professional have the opportunities to advance their careers and opportunities.
• Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council):
o 2 year on council as the Treasurer of the SA division
o Published the following article:
- "Unfair Preferences: Sticking to the Rules" (2003) Credit Management in Australia v 11 n 2 p 18
o Presented the following AICM Credit Focus training sessions and seminars:
- June 2016 – Insolvency Law Reform – Practical Implications, AICM SA Credit Symposium
- June 2015 – "Liquidation Case Study", AICM Credit Focus
- June 2014 – "Liquidation – Is It the End of the Road for Your Debt?", AICM Credit Focus
- February 2013 – "Voluntary Administration – Working Through the Process", AICM Credit Focus
- May 2012 - "Company Directors' Liability for Insolvent Trading"
- September 2009 – "Unfair Preferences", AICM Credit Focus
- August 2006 – "Proposed Insolvency Law Reform – Review of the Federal Government Insolvency Law Reform Package", AICM Law and Regulation Seminar 2006
- July 2005 – "What are Unfair Preferences and How to Avoid Them", AICM Credit Focus
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM:
o working with other dedicated credit professionals
o contributing to the success of the SA division
o socialising with other AICM members
My passions aside from Credit/work:
o running in half marathon competitions
Contact details: Nick.Cooper@worrells.net.au or 08 8214 0501
Name: Kevin F Hollister MICM LICM
- Fellow Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators
- Fellow Governance Institute of Australia
Current Position: Director Credit Solutions Pty Ltd t/as Kemps Credit Solutions
Business Owner: Executive Director of Kemps Credit Solutions
- How long at that company: 10 years
- Credit/professional background: 40 years in the mercantile industry
- Portfolio: Marketing - of credit services
- Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: Strong believer of the importance of the AICM to the industry
Achievements with AICM: I have been on numerous portfolios on council over the 40 years of my career
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Building relationships with my peers
My passions aside from Credit/work: Vintage motor cars
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: CCE (Inaugural year 1998)
Current Position: Company Director
Employer: CCE Credit Services Pty Ltd
How long at that company: I established Company in 2008
Credit/professional background: Credit Manager 30+ years at various companies
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: Rejoined Council in July 2015 after break of 5 years. I have always enjoyed the fellowship and mateship of being a Councillor and assist the AICM achieve its goals.
Achievements with AICM: Previous National Director & National Vice President (2004-10). SA Divisional President (1999- 2002) SA Divisional Councillor (1993 -2010) Recipient of Lawrie Ellis Award 2002
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Networking opportunities
My passions aside from Credit/work: Cricket & Football – President of Adelaide Cricket Club since2013, SACA State Cricket Scorer since 2012. Passionate supporter of Adelaide Crows (AFL)
Contact details: Mobile: 0432 682 997 and Email: email@example.com
Qualifications: LLP/LP, B Int. Studies, MICM, CCE
Current Position: Senior Associate
Employer: Lynch Meyer Lawyers
How long at that company: since January 2012
Credit/professional background: Close to 6 years in recoveries, debt collection, credit management and privacy law.
Portfolio: Professional Development
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I enjoy organising educational events and identifying new and exciting educational topics for members. I am privileged to be a part of a dynamic, hardworking and vibrant state council.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): 1 month on Council. I was the 2017 State YCP Winner and completed my CCE in 2016.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: The AICM has an excellent group of professionals to connect with and become friends with. I enjoy the camaraderie and enjoy chatting with fellow professionals about the industry.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Exploring new countries, eating good food and wine.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: Master of Business Marketing, Graduate Certificate of Business Administration, and Associate Diploma in Business; Credit Management
Current Position: Pacific Credit Manager for Pernod Ricard Winemakers Pty Ltd
How long at that company: 9 years
Credit / professional background: Over 30 years as a commercial credit manager for publicly listed companies in a variety of industries including Transport, Information Technology, Publishing, Building and Construction and Liquor.
Portfolio: Professional Development
Why I volunteer on the AICM Council; having been an active member of the AICM for 28 years I see the value the institute provides to its membership which includes, but is not limited to, mentoring, education, publications and camaraderie. Having a dedicated team of councillors ensures the continued success of the AICM for future credit professionals. I believe that I have the skills and experience to complement the existing team and a desire to “give back” to the institute that has served me well throughout my career.
Achievements with AICM: Served two years on Council in Melbourne during the 1990’s. More recently, I was invited to participate in panel discussions on topics including PPSR, Women in Credit and professional development.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: terrific learning experience in managing an organisation such as this, developing friendships and socialising with like-minded colleagues.
My passion aside from Credit / work: Attending concerts and the theatre, art appreciation, travel, reading (a variety of genres) and sharing good food and wine with friends.
Contact Details: Suzi.OConnor@pernod-ricard.com