NSW Effective Collection Techniques Face to Face 1 day program
Overview and Learning outcomes
Credit is more available today than ever before with a variety of purposes and accessible from a range of organisations.
This can be a personal or business loan from a bank, a home loan from a credit union, purchase and cash advanced on a credit card from credit card companies, or a car and/or other loans from specialist loan agencies.
Also there is the important dimension to business credit also known as trade &/or commercial credit. With the wide availability of credit comes the risk that the credit provided will not be returned and promised payments will not be made.
This course explores the skills and knowledge needed to correctly initiate and complete the management of customer accounts which have outstanding payments.
Outcomes are covered within this unit:
This course deals with the key aspects of dealing with overdue customer accounts –
- - Identify customers requiring collection activity – including the need to monitor your organisation’s overdue account reporting system, access and retrieve relevant information and records, and review overdue debtors in accordance with relevant policies
- - Establish contact with a customer and attempt to resolve outstanding payment matters – including proposing appropriate communication with the customer and obtaining appropriate authorisation, making contact with the customer and building rapport, and advising relevant organisation(s) regarding the purpose of contact
- -Negotiate resolution of outstanding payments with the customer – including advising debtors of the possibility of legal action for non-payment, using appropriate techniques to achieve resolution, confirming negotiation outcomes and diarising further actions;
- -Monitor payment agreement to ensure the customer has adhered to the agreement – including reviewing accounts regularly to check payments have been received, dealing with breaches of the agreement promptly and appropriately, and referring outstanding payment matters to appropriate personnel.
- 13 July 2018
- LEVEL 3/303 1-9 CHANDOS STREETSt LeonardsNSW
- AICM OFFICES
- 9:00am - 4:30pm
$750 (GST EXEMPT)
$930 (GST EXEMPT)
- CCE Points