QLD - How to Manage Bad and Doubtful Debts
Build the skills of your credit team. This unit is beneficial to loans officers, collections and credit officers and credit team leaders. This course ensures candidates have the understanding and skills of best practice in the area of debt collection.
The ability to identify and recover an overdue customer account is a core requirement of a credit professional.
Outcomes covered within this unit:
This course deals with the key aspects of dealing with a debt that has been categorised as bad or doubtful including:
- The steps involved in reviewing an account to determine if a debt is likely to become bad or doubtful
- Understanding the difference between a bad and a doubtful debt
- Methods for dealing with a customer’s excuses for not paying the outstanding amount
- Negotiating with the customer to recover the outstanding payment
- Monitoring and documenting the outcome of the recovery action
Negotiating the recovery process of an outstanding debt. The importance of the reporting function. Identify customer excuses and reasons and strategies to avoid payment. Commonly used reports used in consumer and commercial credit. Identifying a bad and doubtful debt. Managing the outsourced recovery process. Strategies for minimising uncollected debt. Preparing recommendation for write off.
Participants that undertake and successfully complete the assessment requirements for FNSCRD403 Manage bad and doubtful debts which is a Core unit from the FNS40115 Certificate IV in Credit Management will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
- 15 February 2019
- Level 34 Santos Place, 32 Turbot StreetBrisbaneQLD
- Vincents Rooms
- Toni Sawyer
- 9.00am - 4.30pm
- Member $750.00
- CCE Points