AICM is focused on improving the credit industry by providing useful, practical information and guidance to members, which helps them to meet the high professional standards that the AICM sets and upholds.
Members have access to a range of training and CPD events and resources that have been developed specifically for the credit industry, including the annual national conference and a forum for networking with peers and sharing their expertise.
Membership is available with a variety of options depending on your needs - full membership, retiree membership and student membership.
Membership periods run from 1 July to 30 June.
New members joining now will pay for the 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019 membership year and receive the remainder of the 2017/18 membership year free of charge.
AICM members are entitled to use the post-nominals MICM and, after three years of membership, able to work towards the Certified Credit Executive qualification through CPD activities and assessment. Members are also eligible to be elected to their relevant Division Councils.
Applicants are assessed by AICM on an individual basis, based on the information provided in the application and assessment forms.
First-year membership fees include an annual subscription of $355.00 and a non-refundable application fee of $60.00 (total $415.00), and the annual renewal fee is $355.00.
Benefits of membership include:
- Use of post-nominals MICM
- Discounted rates for attendance of AICM CPD events, seminars and conferences
- Free registration to AICM Partners Webinar Series (at least 7 webinars per calendar year)
- Eligibility to apply for Certified Credit Executive status, and to work towards life membership (LICM) and fellowship (FICM)
- Access to the members section of the AICM website
- Access to the digital AICM journal
- Discounted member rates for qualification-based training run by AICM, including Certificates IV and Diploma of Credit Management
- Eligibility to stand for election to Division Councils
- Attendance and voting at AICM AGMs
For the full benefits of membership at discounted rates, employers can sign up any number of their staff. Additional benefits for the employer include:
- Significant savings on costs of membership,
- For the price of 3 members your team can have up to 10 members.
- Savings of up to 78% for 50+ members, and no application fees
- Improvement of the credit management maturity of the company
- Incentives for staff retention
- Simplified access to expert knowledge through AICM resources
- Improved education of employees through discounted attendance of AICM meetings, seminar and formal training
Find out more about employer-sponsored AICM membership, or contact AICM.
Retiree membership allows AICM members who are no longer working full time to keep in touch with industry developments and continue to have access to AICM resources, events and training.
As well as satisfying the criteria for membership, a retired member must:
> be over 60 years of age,
> have been AICM members for the previous 10 years and paid subscription fees, and
> no longer be employed.
A retired member has full member rights, can use the post nominals of MICM and be elected and vote on council. If the retired member holds CCE status at the time of retirement they continue to hold that membership without the need to recertify providing they remain retired.
To find out more about retired membership, contact AICM.
Student membership is available to full time students who are not employed. We encourage students who are interested in credit to become involved and understand the credit profession.
Student members must be:
- Aged under 30
- Demonstrate full time studies through the holding of a student identification card
- Be studying a credit or business related course
A student member has full member rights, can use the post nominals of MICM and be elected and vote on council.
For the 2018-19 membership year the student membership rate is $60.00 inclusive of GST.
Find our more about student membership, contact AICM.