AICM is focused on improving the credit industry by providing useful, practical information and guidance to members, which helps them to meet the high professional standards that the AICM sets and upholds.
Members have access to a range of training and CPD events and resources that have been developed specifically for the credit industry, including the annual national conference and a forum for networking with peers and sharing their expertise.
Membership is available in three categories: full membership, retiree membership and corporate membership.
Membership periods run from 1 July to 30 June.
New members joining now will pay for the 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018 membership year and receive the remainder of the 2016/17 membership year free of charge.
AICM members are entitled to use the post-nominals MICM and, after three years of membership, able to work towards the Certified Credit Executive qualification through CPD activities and assessment. Members are also eligible to be elected to their relevant Division Councils.
Applicants are assessed by AICM on an individual basis, based on the information provided in the application and assessment forms.
First-year membership fees include an annual subscription of $345.00 and a non-refundable application fee of $55 (total $400.00), and the annual renewal fee is $345.00.
Benefits of membership include:
- Use of post-nominals MICM
- Discounted rates for attendance of AICM CPD events, seminars and conferences
- Free registration to AICM Partners Webinar Series (at least 7 webinars per calendar year)
- Eligibility to apply for Certified Credit Executive status, and to work towards life membership (LICM) and fellowship (FICM)
- Access to the members section of the AICM website
- Access to the digital AICM journal
- Discounted member rates for qualification-based training run by AICM, including Certificates IV and Diploma of Credit Management
- Eligibility to stand for election to Division Councils
- Attendance and voting at AICM AGMs
For the full benefits of membership at discounted rates, employers can sign up any number of their staff. Additional benefits for the employer include:
- Significant savings on costs of membership,
- For the price of 3 members your team can have up to 10 members.
- Savings of up to 573% for 50+ members, and no application fees
- Improvement of the credit management maturity of the company
- Incentives for staff retention
- Simplified access to expert knowledge through AICM resources
- Improved education of employees through discounted attendance of AICM meetings, seminar and formal training
Find out more about employer-sponsored AICM membership, or contact AICM.
Retired membership allows AICM members who are no longer working full time to keep in touch with industry developments and continue to have access to AICM resources, events and training.
As well as satisfying the criteria for membership, retired members must be over 60 years of age, have been AICM members for the previous 10 years and paid subscription fees, and no longer be employed. This class of membership does not allow election to Division councils or retention of MICM or CCE status. Retired members who wish to retain post-nominals or stand for election can pay the full membership fee.
To find out more about retired membership, contact AICM.