View South Australian state councillors below.
Qualifications: LLP/LP, B Int. Studies, MICM, CCE
Current Position: Partner
Employer: Lynch Meyer Lawyers
How long at that company: since January 2012
Credit/professional background: Over 6 years in recoveries, debt collection, credit management and privacy law.
Portfolio: Professional Development
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I enjoy organising educational events and identifying new and exciting educational topics for members. I am privileged to be a part of a dynamic, hardworking and vibrant state council.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): I was the 2017 State YCP Winner and completed my CCE in 2016.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: The AICM has an excellent group of professionals to connect with and become friends with. I enjoy the camaraderie and enjoy chatting with fellow professionals about the industry.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Exploring new countries, eating good food and wine.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Neil Fennell MICM
- IPA, CPA, CA
- Registered Property Valuer - Australian Property Institute
- ARITA Professional Member
- Justice of the Peace
Current Position: Supervisor
Employer: Worrells Solvency & Forensic Accountant (SA)
Commence with employer: May 2014
Credit/professional background: I am a Chartered Accountant with a background in public practice in taxation and auditing and have also performed some contract accounting roles. I am also a qualified property valuer with a Graduate Diploma in Property and a member of the Australian Property Institute. I have successfully completed the ARITA course in 2015 with advanced standing and was made a professional member in 2017. I am also a Justice of the Peace for South Australia and am a five year member of the AICM.
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: Assist with professional profile and networking opportunities
Achievements with AICM: Obtained 5 year membership with AICM
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Assist with professional profile and networking opportunities
My passions aside from Credit/work: I'm involved with the Henley Football Club as was the Treasurer from 2009-2011 (nickname "Jacko"). I am also a patrolling surf life saver at the West Beach Surf Life Saving Club.
Contact details: email@example.com or 08 8214 0500 or 0423 736 729
- Life Member and Certified Credit Executive (CCE) of the AICM
- Fellow of Institute of Public Accountants
- Fellow of Institute of Financial Accountants
- Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Securities Investigation Agent licence
Current Position: Manager, Credit Services.
- Trevor and his Credit Services team provide credit management advice, support and information to customers throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Employer: National Credit Insurance (Brokers) Pty Ltd (NCI)
How long at that company: since Sept 1995
Credit/professional background: Previously worked with the former State Bank of South Australia for 20 years in areas including Corporate Banking, Treasury & International Finance, Audit and Retail & Commercial Banking.
AICM Portfolio/s – Board & Divisional:
- National President – October 2018 -
- Board member – November 2016 -
- State President, S.A. – July 2006 – June 2013
- S.A. Vice President – July 2004 – June 2006
- Previous Board positions – S.A. Director, CCE, YCP, Legal Affairs
- Previous Division positions - Functions, CCE, YCP, Publications, Membership, Sponsorship,
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor:
- I joined Council after attending many AICM events over the previous 3 years and being asked by the then S.A. Executive Officer, Julie Short. I happily accepted as I enjoyed attending the institute’s educational and social events. I thought AICM was a strong professional body for the credit industry and I enjoyed the company of the institute members and Councillors.
- My goals within AICM are to help implement strategic plans and policies, ensure appropriate risk governance, promote and grow the Institute, educate and train members, and network/socialise with fellow members.
Achievements with AICM:
- National President since 2018
- Director on National Board since 2016
- On S.A. Division Council since 1999
- Certified Credit Executive (CCE). National Dux in 2003.
- 2008 awarded the Lawrie Ellis award for the outstanding contribution to the credit industry and the AICM in South Australia.
- State President for 7 years. During this time the S.A. division won the annual National President’s Trophy as the best performing State on 5 occasions.
- Vice President for 2 years
- Presenter/panellist at numerous Professional Development seminars, Credit Focus workshops and regional seminars.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Educational knowledge and obtaining a wide number of networks and contacts, and working on the AICM Board and S.A. Council with some great people with the same passion for credit and promoting of the Institute.
My passions aside from Credit/work: My family, catching up with friends, holidays, visiting wineries, watching sport, and gardening.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Gail Joyce Crowder, MICM
Qualifications: Certificates in Design, Reception and Management
Current Position: AICM SA Director
Business Owner: Executive Director of Kemps Credit Solutions
How long at that company: 1 ½ years
Credit/professional background: Over 15 years in debt recovery and credit management. Management and debt collection of commercial and insurance related debts for agencies and South Australian businesses.
Portfolio: Functions; Previously Sponsorship, but currently Functions and Publications
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I enjoy meeting new people and feel I am giving something back to the credit industry. To help educate and give to others is 'self' rewarding. Working with a team (the councillors) is a great experience. You learn and grow by listening and working with your professional colleagues. Never too old to learn!
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): I have been on council for 6 years now and worked on several portfolios, mainly functions. Through the networking and contacts made I have certainly grown and I am now part owner of an agency. I believe my involvement with the AICM has played a significant part in my growth.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Friends; new colleagues; knowledge of how wide and varied the credit industry is
My passions aside from Credit/work: My 3 amazing children, loved ones and friends, entertaining, gardening, lapping up the summer sun, golf, nice cars
Contact details: E: email@example.com Ph: (08) 8418 1407
Name: Briana Harris MICM
Qualifications: Bachelor of Laws & Legal Practice
Current Position: Associate
Employer: Oakbridge Lawyers Pty Ltd
Commenced with employer: September 2018
Credit/professional background: Over 3 years in debt collection and credit management
Portfolio: Professional Development
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I volunteer on the AICM council because I want to make a positive impact and contribute to the Credit Management industry.
Achievements with AICM: I was the 2020 State YCP Winner
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Working with the AICM has provided me with opportunities to build valuable relationships with other professionals in the industry and the satisfaction of helping others within the industry to succeed in their careers in personal lives.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Playing sport and travelling
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: Bachelor of Laws and Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
Current Position: Partner Lynch Meyer Lawyers
How long at that company: 26 years
Credit/professional background: I have always worked in credit law, recoveries and insolvency for trade/supplier, unsecured creditors and financiers in secured credit. I also act for insolvency practitioners in dealing with creditors' claims and pursuing actions on behalf of creditors and I also act for insolvent entities and debtors trying to achieve turnaround outcomes for an equitable return to creditors. I have been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyer for 2016 and 2017
Portfolio: I am a past National President and Director on the board representing SA where I held the Legal Affairs portfolio nationally. I have previously help a broad range of portfolios on SA Division Council including President for two terms.
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I volunteer for AICM as it is appropriate that all professionals contribute to the development of the industry which serves them well. I have been drawn to the AICM given that it has a genuine member focus and is full of generous people willing to share their experience to encourage others in their careers.
Achievements with AICM: I have been very lucky to have been part of a dynamic team, division and membership base in South Australia that saw the division reinvigorate itself to engage with members, attract new attendees at events and to redesign our education programme. I have also been greatly heartened by the continuing role I have played over various recent conferences in terms of programme and content design and more recently as MC at the National Conference.
- Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: The main benefit I have achieved through working with AICM is a sense of achievement that I have contributed, also a great network of friend and business contacts.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Outside of credit I enjoy time with my family and friends, travel, dinner and wine and anything Latino.
Contact details: email@example.com or 08 8236 7621 or 0418 855 042