- Life Member and Certified Credit Executive (CCE) of the AICM
- Fellow of Institute of Public Accountants
- Fellow of Institute of Financial Accountants
- Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Securities Investigation Agent licence
Current Position: ,
- Manager, Credit Services.
- Trevor and his Credit Services team provide credit management advice, support and information to customers throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Employer: National Credit Insurance (Brokers) Pty Ltd (NCI)
How long at that company: since Sept 1995
Credit/professional background: Previously worked with the former State Bank of South Australia for 20 years in areas including Corporate Banking, Treasury & International Finance, Audit and Retail Banking.
- Previous Portfolios – SA Director - CCE Chair, CCE, YCP, Publications, Membership, Sponsorship,
- SA President and SA Vice President
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor:
- I joined Council after attending many AICM events over the previous 3 years and being asked by the then S.A. Executive Officer, Julie Short. I happily accepted as I enjoyed attending the institute’s educational and social events. I thought AICM was a strong professional body for the credit industry and I enjoyed the company of the institute members and Councillors.
- My goals as a Councillor is to help promote and grow the Institute, educate and train members and network/socialise with fellow members.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council):
- Director on National Board
- On S.A. Division Council since 1999.
- Certified Credit Executive (CCE). National Dux in 2003.
- In 2008 was awarded the Lawrie Ellis award for his contribution to the credit industry and the AICM in South Australia.
- President for 7 years. During this time our division won the National President’s Trophy as the best performing State on 5 occasions.
- Vice President for 2 years
- Presenter at numerous Professional Development and Credit Focus seminars
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Educational knowledge and obtaining a wide number of networks and contacts, and working on the divisional Council with some great people with the same passion for credit and promoting the Institute.
My passions aside from Credit/work: My family and catching up with friends, holidays, watching sport, walking the dog and gardening.
Contact details: email@example.com
Qualifications: Diploma and CCE
Current Position: National Credit and Shared Services Manager
Employer: Boom Logistics
How long at that company: Since March 2017
Credit/professional background: National Credit Manager
- Since March 2017 (current), Boom Logistics as their National Credit and Shared Services Manager
- 2.5 years at Patane Lawyers as their National Credit Consultant
- 8 Years at Hyne Timber as their National Credit Manager
- 13 Years at Century Yuasa Batteries, 10 as their National Credit Manager and 3 as their National Operations Manager
Why I volunteer with the AICM: I enjoy contributing to an institute I believe very strongly in and the challenge to be a part of its growth and working with the AICM through what I believe to be is a growth spurt.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): I have been a member for over 20 years, a council member since 2014 and an AICM Director since 2018.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: The networking and friendships built make it all worthwhile. I also take a lot of pride in seeing our events grow and become more successful each year.
My passions aside from Credit/work: My family and friends, the great outdoors, good food and wine!
Contact details: Email - JMcNamara@boomlogistics.com.au or 0408 581 069
Qualifications: Diploma of Financial Services
Current Position: Regional Credit Manager
How long at that company: Since 2019
Credit/professional background: Prior to commencing with Landmark I had been employed by PaperlinX Australia as their National Credit Manager for almost 18 years with a career spanning in credit for more than 30 years in various industries such as Paper, Transport, Telecommunication and Wholesale sectors
Why I volunteer with the AICM: The reason to join the council was initially to gain a better network base but also to obtain the latest information to assist me in my credit role. But I also felt an obligation to be back to the credit profession by assisting other credit professionals
Achievements with AICM: Have been on council for 7 years and then appointed the Vic/Tas President after 3 years was a personal achievement for me. This has allowed me to work outside me comfort zone and push my boundaries to achieve my goals.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Apart from meeting people and arranging network events and seminars which I may never have done. The opportunity to address and present at these sessions has allowed me to improve my presentation and communication skills to address people in a public forum.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Family life is very important to me and I don't mind playing golf, fishing and of course watching the mighty Bombers play football.
Contact details: mobile 0412912266
Qualifications: Diploma in Human Resources, Prince 2 certified
Current Position: Assistant Credit Manager
Employer: Automotive Holdings Group Limited
How long at that company: since 2012
Credit/professional background: At AHG since 2011, prior to that was a credit manager in London, UK for 12 years. Prior to that was in credit/admin management in retail in Cape Town, South Africa.
Why I volunteer with the AICM: To meet and engage with like- minded people and to promote the AICM through my network. To help make the AICM a successful organisation that is at the forefront of learning and innovation within the credit profession.
Achievements with AICM: Councillor for 18 months so no achievements as yet. A few successful events under the belt!
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Meeting fellow credit professionals and gaining industry knowledge through interaction at the various AICM functions.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Enjoying the outdoors. Hiking, walking, any adventure activity. Keeping fit is very important to me, mostly by running and cycling. I also play golf and squash.
Tel: 0479 083 244
Name: Gail Joyce Crowder, MICM
Qualifications: Certificates in Design, Reception and Management
Current Position: AICM SA Director
Business Owner: Executive Director of Credit Solutions (incorporating Kemps Credit Solutions),
How long at that company: Since 2014
Credit/professional background: Over 15 years in debt recovery and credit management. Management and debt collection of commercial and insurance related debts for agencies and South Australian businesses.
Previous AICM Portfolios: SA Division: Division President, Division Vice President, Functions; Sponsorship and Publications.
Why I volunteer with the AICM: I enjoy meeting new people and feel I am giving something back to the credit industry. To help educate and give to others is 'self' rewarding. Working with a team (the councillors) is a great experience. You learn and grow by listening and working with your professional colleagues. Never too old to learn!
Achievements with AICM: I have worked on several portfolios, mainly functions. Through the networking and contacts made I have certainly grown and I am now part owner of an agency. I believe my involvement with the AICM has played a significant part in my growth.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Friends; new colleagues; knowledge of how wide and varied the credit industry is.
My passions aside from Credit/work: My 3 amazing children, loved ones and friends, entertaining, gardening, lapping up the summer sun, golf, nice cars
Contact details: E: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: (08) 8418 1407
Qualifications: Bachelor of Science in E-Business and CCE
Current AICM Position: Director - Finance
Previous Portfolios: NSW Division - Membership portfolio
Employer: Byron Thomas Recruitment
How long at that company: Since March 2009.
I started my journey in Credit with Kone PLC in the UK and then IBM. After moving from England to the "lucky country", Australia in 2004, I changed career paths and started in recruitment at Michael Page International where I was recognised as one of the top billers in the country.
This success motivated me to establish Byron Thomas Recruitment in early 2009. In 2010 Byron Thomas Recruitment in early 2009 in Accounting and Finance with a specialisation in the credit and collections space. In 2010 Byron Thomas Recruitment won the best business services firm, in 2013 I was recognised by the AICM as the recruiter of the year and in 2014 I acquired another recruitment business in the career start and L&D space.
in 2015 I was awarded with the Service Excellence Award for one of my companies at the Australian Business awards and also became a CCE through the AICM.
In 2018 I was appointed to the board of the AICM as NSW Director.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Learning from and working with some great minds and fantastic people on the council, who have become good friends. Exposure to and involvement with the strategy of a board structure in a NFP organisation working to maximise the value add it can bring to its members
My passions aside from Credit/work: Spending time with my wife, son and 2 dogs, Travel, Tottenham Hotspur, red wine and long weekend getaways
W: 02 8677 3020
MBA - Masters of Business Administration, AICD Company Directors Course
Current AICM Position:
Director - Consumer
How long at that company:
Achievements with AICM:
- Supporter of the AICM for over 30 years
- Responsible for the development and growth of Women in Credit initiative since inception
- Judge for the credit team of the year since 2011
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM:
- Built great relationships
- Have gained a great understanding of credit across multiple industries
My passions aside from Credit/work:
Travel with my husband, my dogs, family, yoga, and making deserts