- Life Member and Certified Credit Executive (CCE) of the AICM
- Fellow of Institute of Public Accountants
- Fellow of Institute of Financial Accountants
- Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Securities Investigation Agent licence
Current Position: ,
- Manager, Credit Services.
- Trevor and his Credit Services team provide credit management advice, support and information to customers throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Employer: National Credit Insurance (Brokers) Pty Ltd (NCI)
How long at that company: since Sept 1995
Credit/professional background: Previously worked with the former State Bank of South Australia for 20 years in areas including Corporate Banking, Treasury & International Finance, Audit and Retail Banking.
- SA Director - CCE Chair
- Previous Council Portfolios – CCE, YCP, Publications, Membership, Sponsorship
- Past President and Vice President
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor:
- I joined Council after attending many AICM events over the previous 3 years and being asked by the then S.A. Executive Officer, Julie Short. I happily accepted as I enjoyed attending the institute’s educational and social events. I thought AICM was a strong professional body for the credit industry and I enjoyed the company of the institute members and Councillors.
- My goals as a Councillor is to help promote and grow the Institute, educate and train members and network/socialise with fellow members.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council):
- Director on National Board
- On S.A. Division Council since 1999.
- Certified Credit Executive (CCE). National Dux in 2003.
- In 2008 was awarded the Lawrie Ellis award for his contribution to the credit industry and the AICM in South Australia.
- President for 7 years. During this time our division won the National President’s Trophy as the best performing State on 5 occasions.
- Vice President for 2 years
- Presenter at numerous Professional Development and Credit Focus seminars
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Educational knowledge and obtaining a wide number of networks and contacts, and working on the divisional Council with some great people with the same passion for credit and promoting the Institute.
My passions aside from Credit/work: My family and catching up with friends, holidays, watching sport, walking the dog and gardening.
Contact details: email@example.com
Qualifications: Diploma and CCE
Current Position: National Credit and Shared Services Manager
Employer: Boom Logistics
How long at that company: 18 Months, March 2017
Credit/professional background: National Credit Manager
- 18 Months, Boom Logistics as their National Credit and Shared Services Manager
- 2.5 years at Patane Lawyers as their National Credit Consultant
- 8 Years at Hyne Timber as their National Credit Manager
- 13 Years at Century Yuasa Batteries, 10 as their National Credit Manager and 3 as their National Operations Manager
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: I enjoy contributing to a an institute I believe very strongly in and the challenge to be a part of its growth and working with the AICM through what I believe to be is a growth spurt.
Achievements with AICM (inc how much time on council): I have been a member for over 20 years and a council member for almost 4 years.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: The networking and friendships built make it all worthwhile. I also take a lot of pride in seeing our events grow and become more successful each year.
My passions aside from Credit/work: My family and friends, the great outdoors, good food and wine!
Contact details: Email - JMcNamara@boomlogistics.com.au or 0408 581 069
Qualifications: Diploma of Financial Services
Current Position: National Credit Manager
Employer: Spicers Australia P/L t/as Spicers
How long at that company: over 18 years
Credit/professional background: I have been employed by PaperlinX Australia as their National Credit Manager for almost 18 years with a career spanning in credit for more than 30 years in various industries such as Paper, Transport, Telecommunication and Wholesale sectors
Portfolio: Vic/Tas President for the last 4 years and on council for 6 years I manage the Professional Development portfolio for the last 6 years (Golf portfolio for the last 5 years).
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: The reason to join the council was initially to gain a better network base but also to obtain the latest information to assist me in my credit role. But I also felt an obligation to be back to the credit profession by assisting other credit professionals
Achievements with AICM: Have been on council for 7 years and then appointed the Vic/Tas President after 3 years was a personal achievement for me. This has allowed me to work outside me comfort zone and push my boundaries to achieve my goals.
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Apart from meeting people and arranging network events and seminars which I may never have done. The opportunity to address and present at these sessions has allowed me to improve my presentation and communication skills to address people in a public forum.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Family life is very important to me and I don't mind playing golf, fishing and of course watching the mighty Bombers play football.
Contact details: email Lou.Caldararo@spicers.com.au and mobile 0412912266
Qualifications: Diploma in Human Resources, Prince 2 certified
Current Position: Assistant Credit Manager
Employer: Automotive Holdings Group Limited
How long at that company: 4 Years
Credit/professional background: At AHG since 2011, prior to that was a credit manager in London, UK for 12 years. Prior to that was in credit/admin management in retail in Cape Town, South Africa.
Why I volunteer on the AICM council/Goals as Councillor: To meet and engage with like- minded people and to promote the AICM through my network. To help make the AICM a successful organisation that is at the forefront of learning and innovation within the credit profession.
Achievements with AICM: Councillor for 18 months so no achievements as yet. A few successful events under the belt!
Value I have gained through volunteering with AICM: Meeting fellow credit professionals and gaining industry knowledge through interaction at the various AICM functions.
My passions aside from Credit/work: Enjoying the outdoors. Hiking, walking, any adventure activity. Keeping fit is very important to me, mostly by running and cycling. I also play golf and squash.
Tel: 0479 083 244