The 2019 New South Wales Pinnacle Awards Night was held at Hyatt Regency Sydney on Thursday 21 November 2019.
The 2019 Awards evening had over 150 attendees and celebrated 22 finalists across 7 award categories.
To view the 2019 award winners and a summary of their nomination, please expand on the award categories below.
Specials thanks to the 2019 NSW Premium Sponsor, American Express and the award sponsors.
Credit Manager of the Year
Sponsored by American Express
Julie is presented her award by Team Leader of American Express, Robert Lowe.
Julie Rojas -Rentokil
Julie has managed the process of centralising the credit team at the same time as incorporating the
banking and allocations team previously part of the sales department. She has successfully
managed this whilst reducing DSO, streamlining process and building engagement through the business.
The judges were impressed by Julie’s:
- Dedication to mentoring team members including an AICM YCP finalist and encouraging
team members to expand their knowledge.
- Reduction of 90+ day debt by $3m and 180+ day debt by $3m whilst acquiring 7 businesses.
- Reducing time to process a complex invoicing requirement
from 1 week to 10 minutes.
- Working with the New Zealand colleagues to replicate these achievements.
Credit Supervisor of the Year
Sponsored by Alloc8
Nicola accepts her award from Trevor Middleton MICM,
regional distributor of Alloc8 at Cosyn Software.
Nicola Kyprianou - Optus
Nicola is an inspirational leader who has great energy and motivational skills. She is a critical
asset to the team and group. Nicola is an innovative thinker, constantly coming up with ways
to optimise credit decisions, streamline team processes and finding better ways to do things.
She is a professed self-learner and is always up for a challenge.
Recently, she was promoted to Credit Risk Assessment Manager for her efforts.
She shares her knowledge and encourages team members to achieve their goals.
The judges were impressed by Nicola’s:
- - Involvement implementing a bio-metric solution that works for customers and front-line staff.
- This included upskilling her team and a communications project.
- - Dedication to leadership of a large team with an individual and supportive approach.
- - Long tenure at Optus achieving several promotions and professional growth.
Senior Credit Officer of the Year
Kim Puckeridge - Transurban
Kim has delivered exceptional results in managing the Linkt Consumer retail customer base
delivering a first call resolution and a customer first approach to collections while building a
high performing credit team in a difficult and challenging environment.
The judges were impressed by Kim’s:
- - Achievement of bad and doubtful debt expense of just 0.04% of revenue.
- - Managing the end collection process.
- - Focus on ensuring customers are treated equally and fairly in order to gain a positive outcome.
- - Maintaining a positive personal and team attitude.
- - Achievement of her Certificate IV in Credit Management and promotion
- through various roles at Transurban.
Recruitment Consultant of the Year
Marcia with NSW Division Councilor Sam Pearlman MICM.
Marcia Voller - CNH
Marica is an internal recruiter at CNH and has worked in the talent acquisition space
for over 15 years, having worked for a global recruitment company and successfully run her
own recruitment business in South Africa. She is highly regarded in her industry as a
professional and has a strong track record of achievement throughout her career.
The judges were impressed by Marcia’s:
- - Level and breadth or responsibility working across CNH’s $27 billion Captive Finance
- environment recruiting a range of junior, qualified and senior level professionals.
- - Implementation of a structured recruitment process which assists in mitigating risks
and better staff management.
- - Achievements reducing staff turnover and increasing staff engagement.
- - Reduced agency fees by over $700 000.
Legal Representative of the Year
Sponsored by Jirsch Sutherland
Luis with NSW Division President Balveen Saini MICM CCE.
Luis Ormazabal - BBW Lawyers
Luis is an outstanding legal professional who represents his clients with the upmost
dedication and professionalism. Luis is tenacious and keeps himself up to date with
relevant issues in law, and credit. An example of this is that in 2018 Luis became an accredited
specialist in Commercial Litigation through the Law Society of NSW.
Luis is an active member of the AICM community, involving
himself in events and encouraging others to attend.
The judges were impressed by Luis’:
- Recent success advising a multi-national client to successfully
defend a $900k unfair preference claim.
- Focus on understanding his client’s business and focus on meeting their KPI’s.
- Breadth of experience working with ASX listed companies through
to family owned and operated businesses.
External Collections/Mercantile Agent of the Year
Lydia Nemes - Optimum Recoveries
With over 20 years’ experience in the industry Lydia is able to apply her knowledge and
experience to provide her clients with the support and credit knowledge needed to provide
sustainable results. She is passionate about achieving results and benefits of good cash flow
management and debt prevention.
Lydia prides herself on being respectful, non-aggressive and using ethical engagement
with her client’s customers. She works with team members and ensures herself; her team
and clients are always kept up to date with industry news, and changes in legislation.
The judges were impressed by Lydia’s:
- Reduction in aged debt of $263,281.00 within a month for one client.
- Educating clients on debt prevention, credit policies, processes, and credit terms.
- Breadth of experience and passion for the credit profession.
Consultant of the Year
Sponsored by Turkslegal
David Jovanov - ARMA Recoveries
David has a strong focus on his customers and helping them overcome the
challenges they face in the world of credit. His many years of experience in the credit industry
allows him to not only help his clients with debt collection but also allows him to provide advice through the whole credit process, from new applications to credit and
risk assessment, to security, through to contingent collections and legal advice.
His goal is to provide as much knowledge and expertise to his clients so he
can help them overcome the challenges they face.
The judges were impressed by David’s:
- - Contributions to ensuring ARMA continue to deliver a high level of service and recovery rates.
- - Leadership of a team of ARMA specialists who responded at very short notice to assist a client
- with working capital improvement project resulting in record cashflow results for the client.