The 2019 Queensland Pinnacle Awards were held at Cloudland, Fortitude Valley on Friday 22 November 2019.
The 2019 QLD Awards evening was a sold out event and celebrated 25 finalists across 7 award categories.
To view the 2019 award winners and a summary of their nomination, please expand on the award categories below.
Specials thanks to the 2019 QLD Premium Sponsor, National Collections Services and the award sponsors.
Credit Manager of the Year
Sponsored by People2People
Ben Wheeler, Director of People2People presents Michelle with her award.
Michelle Kirkby - ERM Power
Michelle is a fantastic leader and mentor. She has developed her own skill set whilst working with
ERM Power but has also increased the caliber across her team as well as recruiting a team leader.
Michelle is an extremely valued employee of the business and is always looking to provide
extra support and exposure to her direct and wider teams.
Some of her achievements include:
- - Leading her team to deliver key outcomes, reduced DSO days, increase on
collections and improve credit quality.
- - Michelle and her team being recognised with the ERM Collaboration Award for 2019.
- - Maintaining an annual bad debt to revenue ration of less than ½ a percent over the last two financial
- years in the face of increasing electricity prices and increased solvency risk across a number of
- industries in Australia.
Credit Supervisor of the Year
Sponsored by Alloc8
Chad receives his award from Ellen Singleton MICM, Regional Sales Manager at Cosyn Software.
Chad San Giorgio - DHL Express
Chad goes above and beyond for customers and his team. He is an innovative self-starter who
pro-actively identifies inefficient processes and develops solutions.
Chad leads by example to help his team adapt to change.
The judges were impressed by Chad’s:
- - Approach to resolving month end pressures reducing processing time
- from four working days to less than two.
- - Structured and personalised way of supporting his team including regular
- meetings, workshops and recognition.
Senior Credit Officer of the Year
Sponsored by CreditorWatch
Ashleigh is presented her award by George Wolf, QLD sales manager of Creditorwatch.
Ashleigh Mason - National Collection Services
Ashleigh is a highly motivated and passionate credit professional who consistently overachieves on
her KPI’s, supports her teammates and takes on additional responsibilities. In 4 years with NCS she
has grown personally and professionally achieving promotions and industry recognition.
The judges were impressed by Ashleigh’s:
- - Continual ability to exceed targets by at least 20%
- - Support of her colleagues including taking on the responsibility to train new employees
and assist colleagues any way she is able to.
- - Positivity and enthusiasm that she uses to motivate and inspire her colleagues.
Legal Representative of the Year
Sponsored by Jirsch Sutherland
Anna accepts her award from Chris Baskerville MICM of Jirsch Sutherland.
Anna Taylor - Results Legal
Anna is a dedicated and thorough legal professional who utilises her extensive knowledge and experience in
law and credit management practice to achieve results and provide guidance to her clients. She
develops a deep understanding of her clients and their business to find the best approach.
The judges were impressed by Anna’s:
- - Ability to navigate complex issues and balance costs with outcomes
- - Willingness to share her industry experience with clients and in industry presentations.
- - Transparency and clarity of her communications with clients.
External Collections/Mercantile Agent of the Year
Sponsored by SLF Lawyers
Angela is presented her award by Callan Peach MICM of SLF Lawyers.
Angela McDonald - Optimum Recoveries
Angela strives for success and has continued to display first class attributes including
developing an amazing client service team and providing consistently great results.
Through clear, customised communication and efficient processes she provides
the highest level of service to her clients.
The judges were impressed by Angela’s:
- Ability to exceed client’s expectations consistently.
- Commitment to best practice and continual improvement
- Dedication to clients and support for her team.
Recruitment Consultant of the Year
AICM CEO Nick Pilavidis FICM CCE presents Siobhan with her award.
Siobhan Reynolds - People2People
Siobhan is a passionate recruiter who values the opportunity to make a positive difference in peoples
careers making her well known to the those in the credit industry. She has worked with clients and
candidates across a range of sectors and industries to understand their needs and objectives forging a
reputation as a trusted advisor.
The judges were impressed by Siobhan’s:
- - Ability to recruit across a range of sectors and industries.
- - Thinking outside the square to support clients and candidates
- - Personable approach to her work and pride in her commitment, and dedication to her clients.
Consultant of the Year
Sponsored by TurksLegal
Katheryn is presented with her award by AICM CEO Nick Pilavidis FICM CCE.
Katheryn Kershaw - National Collection Services
Katheryn is able to build trust, loyalty and motivation with the presence that you want to have in the office.
She goes above and beyond for her clients and to get the best out of her colleagues. Katheryn is a forward
thinker with a clear process and model that sets her apart from others in her field. She is passionate about
her learning and developing whilst also fostering the same in her teams.
The judges were impressed by Katheryn’s:
- - Ability meet and exceed clients expectations in challenging and dynamic situations.
- - Manner in establishing and maintaining clear expectations with clients and team members.
- - Passion for mentoring and supporting team members, clients and fellow credit professional.